This week with the help of our two building mentors, we have built the chassis for this years game. This lead to whomever wants to drive the robot to have a chance to practice on carpet. We set up a course with cones for the robot to weave in or out of.
Also, this week the programming mentor was busy teaching three-four of the students how to program the robot. They have started on working on the code for this years robot.
The design team has been very busy this week, they have been working on spray painting our robot cart to match this year theme of steampunk. They have painted the cart brown with accent gold pieces and they plan on painting gears on the sides. They also made gears out of cardboard and painted them gold with a little bit of brown to make them look steampunk.
Robotics season has officially started! This is our fourth year as a first robotics team and every year we learn more and more. So far, we have built the gear mechanism and our shooter mechanism. At first, we were thinking about three separate devices to do the same thing, as we started to think, we decided that we can combine those same three ideas and it would be more productive and we would have one moving part instead of three moving parts.
Below is our week one shooter mechanism
MegaHurtz Team Blog