From starting to prototype the intake system to finishing the Peanut Bot, we have been able to accomplish so much and are starting to get farther ahead of where we usually are in development, but that does not stop us from continuing to push ourselves continuously when it comes to getting even more done whether on the building aspect, programming, or whatever needs to get done! Thursday, the team was able to add some finishing touches to our intake prototype, then cut pieces and began painting them, as seen below. We continued assembly of the intake, and also made some design decisions on the shooter and the hopper. Coming to a close of the week, we did a test with our shooter prototype after adding foam backing and a 5 pound flywheel, which shot a good 35 feet! In other news, Peanut Bot , Test Bot, and the 2019 competition bot have all been reprogrammed to use for demonstration purposes. Great things heading into next week!
Starting off in the beginning of the week, we hooked up our shooting prototype to a bag motor to test if it would shoot the ball. We were able to launch it about 15 feet which is a good start, but that still leaves 15 to go. We were then able to test the shooting mechanism with a Neo motor, which worked wonderful! When it comes to our chassis, we were able to get it fully painted black (as pictured below) and assembled the four quarters of the drivetrain and run it at full speed! Getting into the middle of the week, Wednesday we spent most of the day finding and ordering certain parts that we had trouble finding for previous orders. Work was then done on our peanut bot trying to drive the front wheels with a chain rather than belts. This is a bot being built as a side project for when we have local events here in Buchanan! Thursday, more work was done on button and shirt designs, and we have our seasons bot almost completely assembled! Finishing off, we hooked up the Demo Board to the robot, then tested the drivetrain against a "boundary" and inch tall, and it drove over perfectly! There was much progress that was made, but there is still a long way to go!
Starting off with the beginning of the week, the team got together and configured design ideas and came up with this year's design of the robot. We took into consideration the different types of strategies we may possibly be able to use to help us aim for the win! With step one checked off the list, that leads us into being able to start ordering parts as we think about what we need to buy according to what our bot should accomplish for the 2020 Infinite Recharge season. On Wednesday, members of the team sat around and thought of gifts we could hand out to other teams! Closing in on the second half of the week, we continued to order parts, the build team built the drivetrain, started on the chassis, and started prototyping the lift. Great start to the beginning of the season!
MegaHurtz Team Blog