A sneak peak at our 2019 Robot
WEEK 4 -
Most of the country was hit hard with snow this week, and we lost precious time to snow days. However, we made the best of it and have still gotten a lot done.This week we focused on our lift and gripper mechanisms. Our lift is coming along well and is able to go up and down with a great deal of weight on it. However, we are having issues with binding, where the lift gets stuck coming back down. We have redesigned our cargo gripper and it works significantly better than our prototype. We have started work on an articulating arm that will give our robot greater maneuverability with picking up and placing game pieces. Our robot is starting to take shape, but there is a long way to go.
WEEK 5 -
Our robot is almost complete! After several prototypes, our robot's articulating arm is now fully functional and attached to the robot. We have also added our cargo gripper and a hatch manipulator onto the arm. In a few days, the robot was wired up and made fully controllable. The only thing left to do is to add sensors and cameras. We have done lots of driving, including driver tryouts.
WEEK 6 -
It is now time to put our robot in a giant plastic bag (for the last year ever until bagging is no longer a rule) and focus on other things. This week, we added two cameras and sensors, including limit switches and a gyroscope, to our robot. We were invited to join several other teams at Team 2959 CW Tech Robotarians' workshop for a day of practice on their annually built field. This was an amazing opportunity and we would like to thank them again for inviting us. We were able to work out bugs in our design and code that would have caused issues at our first competition. Now we must focus on other things, like constructing our new pit setup.This has been a great build season, and we are all excited for our first competition in St. Joe on March 7-9.
MegaHurtz Team Blog